First and foremost, let us first talk about what causes acne. Is it about not sleeping early? Is it about not cleaning your face all the time? The main actual causes of acne are:
- Clogged pores
- Excess Oil
- Hormones; and
- Certain medications
Of course, that are not just the only things that cause acne. Researchers are also on the hustle of determining whether sleep deprivation, stress, and other aspects of modern life are connected to adult acne. An estimated 70-90% of young adults suffer from acne. Below are the list of the most effective and the best home remedies for acne.
Honey Face Wash
Most of us see honey as just an ingredient you could add to certain recipes and certain dishes. But aside from that, honey is also an effective element that could wary your skin from imperfections. It may sound strange but honey + cinnamon is actually well (literally) a killer duo in fighting pimples and acne. Honey is an effective natural anti-biotic to help wipe the blemishes out. The things that you will need are:
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Paper towels
1. Rinse your face with clean water and pat it out dry.
2. Mix your 2 tablespoons of honey with the 1 teaspoon of cinnamon until they are thoroughly blended and mixed.
3. Apply the made mask to your face and leave it for 10-15 minutes and rinse it off completely after doing so.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider causes bacteria to die because it becomes alkaline and it balances the pH level of your skin – it makes harder for bacteria to live in your skin. What you will need for this are:
- Pure apple cider vinegar (unfiltered)
- Fresh water
1. Wash your face with water and dry out with towel. With a part vinegar to 3 parts water, dip a cotton ball into the vinegar and apply it to the blemish.
2. Leave it for at least 10 minutes; apply it multiple times throughout the day. Take note: do not overdo it because it might cause your skin to break because of the concentration of the vinegar.
Egg whites, if most of you are not aware, are an effective way to fade scars and reduce acne that are left by blemishes. How does it help the skin? Well egg whites contain a bulk of protein source and vitamins which are obviously helpful for the skin because it combats acne and rebuild skin cells. The things you need for this are:
- 2 to 3 egg whites (yolk separated)
1. Rinse your face with clean water and dry it out with the washcloth.
2. Wisk the egg whites until they are frothy; let it sit for a few minutes.
3. Cover your face with it. Usually 3 to 4 layers is enough for it to be fully efficient. A good tip is to let the first layer dry before applying another layer.
4. Allow your mask to sit for 20 minutes to half an hour before rinsing it off completely with lukewarm water and pat dry using the washcloth.
Milk, Honey, and Yogurt
We’ve all heard of the rumors that spread around about dairy products causing acne but applying it to your skin actually causes it to improve your unwanted outbreaks and your tone. Overall, the two substances evens out irritated skin causing the imperfections to smooth out. What you will need for this are:
- 1 tablespoon of low-fat or full-fat yogurt milk (anything but skim)
- 1 tablespoon of natural, raw honey
1. Allow your milk or yogurt to come (or at least close) to room temperature so your skin won’t be shocked when you apply it.
2. Have your 1 tablespoon of milk/yogurt mixed thoroughly with 1 tablespoon of honey.
3. Dip cotton pad and scoop up and apply it to your face. You can either have it sit on your face or just pat it up, whatever works fine.
4. Let it be on your face for a good 10-15 minutes and rinse it off using a washcloth gently to get rid of loosened dead skin.
5. Moisturize after going on with the whole process.
If you’ve been living under a rock, papaya is a relevant and essential ingredient in beauty products and a lot are amazed of it as well. Plain-raw papaya is an all-natural acne remedy that eradicates dead skin cells and helps reborn new ones leaving your skin soft, smooth, and fresh. What you will need for this is:
1. Rinse your face with clean water and pat dry.
2. Mash up the face of the papaya until its texture and consistency can be properly applied to your skin. Leave it there for 15-20 minutes and then completely rinse it off with warm water.
3. ***If your skin dries after doing this process, then use a moisturizer to avoid skin dryness that can worsen your acne.
Acne is not really everyone’s friend, it can cause you not to feel good – it can cause you to develop low self-esteem. Aside from that, it is a clear indication that you are not taking good care of your skin so after reading this, I recommend that you try any of these processes so that you can get a different result. As you can see, all of these are homemade items that you can easily find in your houses so, there’s really nothing wrong with trying, right?