According to the doctors, the girl suffered critical necrosis (premature death of cells) of her leg due to snake venom. This condition cannot be reversed and the leg would have to be amputated. But the bad news is the poison is still spreading in her whole body as evidenced by the other leg, which is shriveling as well. The necrosis has also caused rhabdomyolysis, a condition wherein muscle tissue will start to die.
This 13-year-old Venezuelan girl may have been spared immediate death but there’s a great likelihood that she will still die from the poison that’s spreading throughout her body. According to the doctors, she should have been given anti-venom treatment right after she was bitten.