As mentioned in our previous articles, people who are yearning for a position in the government bodies are required to pass the Civil Service Exam before applying for a position. However, a lot of people are unaware that there are exemptions as regards to be certified in the government service. We will expound on that later on.
Photo Credit: WiseGeek
- Bar and Board Exam Passers
- Barangay Health Workers
- Barangay Officials
- Barangay Nutrition Scholars
- Foreign School Honor Graduates
- Electronic Data Processing Specialists
- Sanggunian Members
- Honor Graduates
- Scientific and Technological Specialists
- Skills Eligibility
- Veterans Preferance Eligibility
Having known all of these exemptions, let us look at them deeply and speculate how they are exempted.
Bar and Board Exam Passers
Quoting from the R.A 1080, passers of bar and board exams which are conducted by the Supreme Court and Licensure Board Exams conducted by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) are already exempted from taking the CSE.
Barangay Health Workers
Pursuant to the R.A 7883, a Barangay Health Worker with at least two (2) years in college education leading to a college degree and five (5) years of active and satisfactory service in his field are granted eligibility and exemption in taking the CSE.
These consist of:
- Barangay Captain
- Sangguniang Barangay Members
- Sangguniang Kabataan Chairmen
- Barangay Treasurers
- Barangay Secretaries
This is to suffice R.A 7160 which is also called the Local Government Code of 1991.
Barangay Nutrition Scholars
Pursuant to the Presidential Decree No. 1569, Barangay Nutrition Scholars shall be granted to Barangay-based volunteers who have at least 2 years of active and good nutrition services and other health-related activities.
Electronic Data Processing Specialists
Passers of the proficiency tests and training courses administered by the formerly NCC which is now ICTO, shall be granted eligibility as regards to CSC Resolution No. 90-083 dated January 22, 1990. Passers of System Analysis and Design, Java, Microsoft Access, and Microsoft Visual Basic.
Foreign School Honor Graduates
Pursuant to CSC Resolution No. 1302714 dated December 17, 2013, graduates who are Summa Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude, Cum Laude or its equivalent in the baccalaureate degree beginning school year 1972-1973.
Dating back from March 11, 1976 which marks the pursuant to Presidential Decree No. 907, those who graduated Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude, or Summa Cum Laude in their baccalaureate degree, regardless of the number of years of completion both for Private HEIs with bachelor’s degree recognized by CHED, are eligible.
In accordance with CSC Resolution No. 1300486 pursuant to R.A No. 10156, members of Sangguniang Bayan, Sangguniang Panlungsod, and Sangguniang Panlalawigan obtains eligibility. These also includes the Vice Mayor, Vice Governor, and regular members of Sanggunian.
Scientific and Technological Specialists
Pursuant to Presidential Decree No. 997 entitled “Conferring Civil Service Eligibilities on Scientific and Technological Specialists on the Bases of Their Qualifications and the Requirements of Public Service” are granted with STSE provided that additional requirements are met.
- Astronomy – Astrophysics
- Biological Sciences – Biology (S & T), Microbiology, Botany, Molecular Biology and Biotechnology , Ecology, Physical Anthropology, Marine Biology and Zoology
- Geological Sciences – Archeology, Geophysics, Paleontology, Seismology
- Physics/Applied Physics
- Biological Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Ceramic Engineering, Materials Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Food Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Geothermal Engineering, Railway Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Textile Engineering, Nuclear Engineering
- Mathematics and Information and Communication Technology
- Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology, Pure Mathematics, Statistics
- Environmental Science, Food Science
Pursuant to CSC MC No. 11, s. 1996, positions which are not measurable by written test will be granted CSC eligibility. These include: plant electricians, automotive mechanics, heavy equipment operator, laboratory technician, carpenter, draftsman, shrine curator, plumber, and others.
Veterans Preference Rating
Pursuant to Executive Order (EO) No. 132, s. 1948 and EO No. 790 dated April 3, 1982, the veteran himself/herself or spouse and children shall be given Civil Service Eligibility.
Have you seen your qualifications in this list? If yes, then go to the nearest CSC office and inquire about the requirements you need to submit to have certification; If not, then go ahead and take the CSC and hope for the best.