In a previous post, we wrote that OFW ID Cards or iDOLE Cards are said to be out. To give you a brief refresher, Secretary Silvestre Bello III said that the iDOLE ID is one of the President’s “best” gifts for OFWs. Why? Because having this ID card would allow a lot of processes to be easier, faster, and more efficient. Furthermore, this would give way to better transactions with the government and agencies that handle overseas employment.
The Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA), the first batch of the iDOLE IDs are out now. In addition to that, they also set different reminders to OFWs in claiming or applying for the IDs.
In their Facebook post, the POEA aforementioned reminders and tips on how OFWs can get their iDOLE cards. These reminders would be the pillars on the distribution and claiming of the iDOLE ID.
POEA’s reminders to OFWs:
- Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) can still go abroad for work or for vacation even without the iDOLE
- Only OFWs with existing contracts and those who are returning to the same employers (Balik Manggagawa) are the ones who’re eligible to get the iDOLE ID for the meantime.
- Only those with BMonline OEC or OEC exemption, updated OWWA Membership and active email accounts can register.
- The first batch of available iDOLE cards is now at the POEA and ready to be given at the POEA info center.
- The schedule of availability and when to claim your iDOLE OFW ID will be sent to you via email.
I am an OFW and how would I know if my iDOLE ID is available for pick up?
The POEA of course ensures that everyone gets a fair share. Moreover, they released on their website a list of names of the first batch who can claim their iDOLE ID. You can click here to access that list and for you to check if you or your relative’s iDOLE ID is available for pick up.
How do I apply for the iDOLE ID?
In our previous post, online application for the iDOLE ID is not yet available. Now, the POEA already has this capability so OFWs can apply and register in the comfort of their own homes.
However, take note that this only applies to: Balik-Manggagawa(worker-on-leave) with passport issued date July 2016 or newer, with exemption number/OEC number validity date from March 17, 2018 onward and with updated OWWA membership.
- Proceed to the POEA website at https://idole.dole.gov.ph/;
- Select “Create an account” but if you already have one, just sign in;
- In the account creation, you will be asked for the latest Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) number;
- Aside from that, you would need to fill it out with your personal details and contact information;
- Log-in to your account and choose OFW Card from iDOLE One-Stop-Shop to acquire your OFW ID Card;
- Once that is done, you can now select your preferred PhilPost branch to claim and get your iDOLE ID.
Have you created yours yet? If not, what are you waiting for? Create your One-stop-shop and claim your iDOLE ID now.