Good news for everyone who are having the dilemma of renewing their Professional Identification Card (PRC ID). It can now be done online, fast and hassle-free. Recently, the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) made announcements that ID holders who are looking to renew, needs to have it done online first. Since then, a lot of people has been asking the question “How can I renew my PRC ID Online?” “Is it difficult?” and more questions of the like.
Why do I need to renew my PRC ID?
In Philippine Law, professionals who are practicing their profession always needs to have their latest and up-to-date identification card. This is of course, for the safety and the assurance that professionals know what they’re doing.
This is also one way of seeing the progress of every professional because now, the PRC is requiring to Continuing Professional Development (CPD) units before they approve the renewal. So is this a bad thing? Honestly, no it’s not.
Although they have this rule, they’re still lenient to this now. Meaning, you can still renew your PRC ID even if you don’t meet the number of units they’re asking for. You just have to submit some requirements to push with the renewal of your ID.
What documentation do I need to renew my PRC ID even if I don’t meet the number of units?
You would just need to submit an Affidavit of Undertaking. That’s the only requirement you need to present if you’re looking to renew your PRC ID. No need for other things, just this.
What steps do I need to take so I can renew my PRC ID Online?
Frankly, the steps aren’t that difficult. We will be providing step-by-step instructions, for you to know how you can do the process.
What do I need to prepare before I renew my PRC ID online?
- A working/functioning mobile number
- Valid email address which you know the password, of course
- Personal data/Graduation Date/Transcript of Records
- 2 x 2 ID Photo soft copy; should be JPEG.
What are the steps for renewing my PRC ID Online?
Proceed to their website at https://www.prc-online.com. Accessing that would show you Sign-in and the Register categories. If it’s your first time and you don’t have a PRC ID yet, you need to hit on Register.
- Registering is easy; you just hit on the Register button and you have to fill out all of the required fields there.
- NOTE: You can only use one (1) valid email address. One email address cannot be shared by two (2) people.
- After you duly fill out all required information, you need to go back to the home page to sign-in.
NOTE: Once you sign in, you will be asked to validate the account first through the email PRC sent you. You have to check your email and validate through there to get into the portal.
Once you’re in, you have to create your profile with your personal information.
- Ensure that your name is EXACTLY HOW IT APPEARS ON YOUR PRC ID.
- CHECK the birthplace because you might not be born here. Delays and problems will be present if you miss these.
- Double-check all requirements you need to submit. Ensure that everything is crisp and clean.
Check the box that says “CHECK IF THIS IS FOR RENEWAL.”
Before you proceed, a prompt will display all information you’ve put. This is the last chance to see the information you’ve set. You won’t be able to edit it after this point SO PLEASE MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS CORRECT.
After, the page will display your profile without a photo. Click on the camera button on the blank photo in your profile. To avoid delays and problems with your renewal, remember the following requirements:
- Size of the photo must be 2 x 2 in plain white background;
- In the photo, you should be wearing decent attire (with collar);
- It should be updated. If the photo has been taken for more than six (6) months back, it won’t be allowed;
- If you wear glasses, the photo must not include it because you need to show both of your eyes clearly; and
- The ears are also required to be shown.
After uploading the photo, you will now see your profile bearing your ID picture which you just put there. To continue with the process, click on the SELECT TRANSACTION button. After selecting this, you will see:
- Initial Registration
In this context, since I was looking to renew my PRC ID online, I hit on “Renewal.”
You will then be asked to select your Profession and to type in the PRC License Number. Just like how we schedule our NBI Clearance appointments, you will be asked to select a PRC Office from the drop-down menu along with the date, time, and of course how you want to pay.
Payments can be done through the following affiliations:
- Bayad Center
- Ec Pay
- Credit card
After making the payment, the status of your application will be updated. You will then be allowed to print your application which you need to bring when you proceed to the office where you selected.
In my case, to renew my PRC ID online was not a hassle and as a matter of fact, it’s time-saving. No need for long lines just to get an application form; no need to suffer hours of waiting. With this new system, you can easily set an appointment and proceed with everything you need.
Hopefully, we’ve answered your question of “how can I renew my PRC ID online?” easily. We hope this helps and we wish you good luck with your application.