The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) is giving some sort of a startup for existing franchise owners. Their Pantawid Pasada Program (PPP) is a program which allows legitimate jeepney franchise holders to have free fuel cards to help them.
The PPP has actually been institutionalized last August to September of 2018. This is a card that contains the name of the franchise owner, together with a special specification number. Moreover, it also contains an EMV chip for confidentiality and security purposes.
To be more specific, the Pantawid Pasada Fuel Card contains the following information:
- Plate number of the PUJ;
- The complete name of the franchise holder;
- The card number; and
- Region where the franchise was officially registered.
How many franchise owners were able to get the PPP?
Last year, over 179,000 valid and legitimate franchise holders of Public Utility Jeepneys (PUJs) were able to benefit from the Pantawid Pasada Fuel Program. This means that hundreds of thousands of jeepneys were able to receive the gift from the LTFRB.
What did jeepney franchise owners get?
Recipients of this Pantawid Pasada Fuel Program were able to get the card which contains a total of P5,000.00 as fuel subsidy for the year 2018 only.
Last February 26, 2019, the LTFRB announced that the LTFRB is extending the distribution of the Pantawid Pasada Program. They reminded legitimate and exclusive PUJ franchise owners that they had until the 28th of February, 2019, to claim their fuel cards.
Atty. Martin Delgra, LTFRB Chairman said in a recent interview, that franchise owners who were not able to claim their fuel cards last 2018 are still eligible to claim it during announced distribution periods for the year 2019 on top of a higher subsidy.
How can franchise owners claim their Pantawid Pasada Fuel Card?
There are required documentation that needs to be submitted. As a matter of fact, it’s not just the fuel cards that’s important. As per last year’s announcement, for this year, each franchise holder who are part of the Pantawid Pasada Fuel Program is going to receive P20, 514.82 in an annual basis.
- The legitimate franchise owner should check their name in the Master List. It can be accessed at:
- By calling 1342 or 426-2515/426-2534
- Legitimate PUJ franchise owners should prepare the following:
- One (1) photocopy of any valid government-issued ID
- One (1) valid government-issued ID
- One (1) 1 x 1 ID photo
- Franchise owners can claim the fuel cards at Bulwagang Edu, Land Transportation Office (LTO), East Avenue, Quezon City.
What if the franchise owner can’t make personal appearance?
In the event that the franchise owner is not able to have personal appearance to claim the Pantawid Pasada Program, they can ask the person to submit the following:
- Notarized Special Power of Attorney (SPA); SPA forms can be claimed at distribution sites or the online version can be printed if you see one.
- Original and photocopy of the ID and the qualified franchise holder
- Original and photocopy of the ID of the representative (the person who will be present during the time of claiming)
- Official Receipt and Certificate of Registration (OR/CR)
- Original and photocopy of the CPC or the proof of franchise
- Recent photo of the franchise holder
Representatives of the beneficiary can bring the notarized SPA to the respective LTFRB Regional Office with both the original and photocopy of the valid ID of the qualified franchise owner and the representative, and the other required documentation needed to be able to claim the Pantawid Pasada fuel card.
Are you an existing Public Utility Jeepney (PUJ) franchise owner? Are your records with the LTFRB validated and authorized? More so, are you looking to find a way to be helped with how you purchase gasoline for your travels? If you are, don’t worry, the LTFRB has something special in store for you.
Visit the nearest and the most appropriate LTFRB regional office now and claim your Pantawid Pasada fuel card. This Pantawid Pasada Program by the LTFRB is designed to aid qualified franchise owners of PUJs with their business.