We all recently became aware of the water interruptions that has been happening in some parts of the country. Well if that isn’t much of a hassle, power interruptions are also going to spread in some parts of the Philippines, too, as per the Manila Electric Company (MERALCO). In their advise, they said that some consumers are going to experience electricity interruptions and outages because of the replacement of the main lines, leaning, dangerous poles, and the reconductoring works along some streets and barangays.
Read more about the water supply interruptions here: Water Interruptions in the Affected Areas as per the PSA
How long would the power interruptions be?
This won’t be like the water interruption that would take days, according to MERALCO. They said that people can look forward to power interruptions for as long as thirty (30) minutes up to an hour in some areas.
NOTE: Some of the areas here are past but they might experience it again. So, this is just some sort of a heads up to everyone in these locations.
March 11, 2019
Around 10:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. (Bulacan)
San Jose del Monte City (Grand Cypress Homes Subdivision, Brgy., Tungkong Mangga).
March 12, 2019
Between 12:00 A.M. to 5:00 A.M. (Antipolo City, Rizal)
PAGRAI Hills Subdivision in Brgy. Mayamot, Antipolo, Rizal.
Around 12:00 A.M. to 2:00 A.M. (Cainta, Rizal)
Some parts in Cainta, Rizal (Faith and St. John Street from Grace Street to and including Verde Grande III – Leonards Place Subdivision, Beatrice Villa Subdivision, DM 1 to 4, 6, 7, 9 and 11 Subdivisions, Genesis Royale 2 Subdivision, DHY Royale Homes Subdivision, DA Compound, Doña Calixta Subdivision, A Prime Compound, Villa Estela Subdivision, Rodfer 2 and 3 Subdivision and Rama Ville Subdivision in Bgys. San Andres and San Roque.)
Around 9:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. (Novaliches)
Some parts of of Del Mundo Street from Quirino Highway to and including Cadaing, Bangus Extension, Dela Cruz and Ramos Streets in St. Martin Village, Barangay Talipapa.
March 12 to 13, 2019
Between 11:30 P.M. to 11: 59 P.M.; between 4:00 A.M. and 4:30 A.M (of the next day)
- Some parts in Recto Avenue including King’s Plaza Building, Divisoria Land Development Corporation Building, and S & U Real Estate Corporation, Tondo, Manila.
- A portion of the Ylaya Street from P. Herrera Street to and including Ylaya Commercial Shopping Center, Jollibee, Metrobank, Ylaya Mansion, City of Curtains & Uniforms Inc., RCS Marketing Corporation Building, Kang Lew Cu Condominium, Five West Realty Inc. and LCCK & Sons Realty Corp.; Aguirre, Albuquerque and Padre Rada Streets, Tondo, Manila.
- Claro M. Recto Avenue from Juan Luna Street to Soler Street, Binondo.
- A portion in Soler Street from Claro M. Recto Avenue including Roman Square Building, Binondo, Manila.
- P. Herrera Street from Juan Luna Street to Ylayla Street, Holy Child Catholic School in Tondo, Manila; and
- Juan Luna Street to Rajah Matanda Street, Tondo, Manila.
March 13, 2019
Between 10:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. (Guiguinto, Bulacan)
A part in Ilang Ilang Street from Bulakan | Guiguinto Arterial Road including St. Lorraine Village in Brgy. Tabang.
March 14, 2019
Around 9:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. (General Trias, Cavite City)
Gateway Business Park, Brgy. Biclatan water pump
March 16, 2019
Between 10:00 A.M. and 4:00 P.M. (Makati City)
A part of Gen. Malvar Street coming from Ricarte Street including Erin Summit Productions Corporation and General Santos Street in Brgy. South Cembo.
March 17, 2019
Between 1:00 A.M. and 6:00 A.M. (San Pablo City, Laguna)
- A part of Colago Avenue from Landbank to the Manuel L. Quezon Avenu which includes PureGold San Pablo, City and Isuzu San Pablo in the city proper; and
- Portions of Lt. Cosico Avenue from MERALCO – San Pablo substation to Colago Avenue in the city proper.
Around 8:30 A.M. to 9:00 A.M. (Sampaloc, Manila | Sta. Cruz, Manila)
- A part of Valeriano Fugoso Street from Andalucia Street to M. Natividad Street in Sta. Cruz, Manila.
- Portion of Dapitan and Padre Noval Streets from A.H. Lacson Street to Espana Blvd. Including Jollibee Restaurant, Wendy’s Restaurant, Center for Youth Ministry in Sampaloc, and Holy Spirit Ladies Residence.
- A part of Andalucia Street coming from Remigio Street to Valeriano Fugoso Street, Sta. Cruz, Manila.
Between 2:00 P.M. and 2:30 P.M. (Sampaloc, Manila | Sta. Cruz, Manila)
- A part of Bambang Street from Felix Huertas to P. Guevarra Street in Sta. Cruz, Manila.
- P. Guevarra Street from Valeriano Fugoso Street to Alvarez Street, Sta. Cruz, Manila.
- A portion of Oroquieta Street to C.M. Recto Avenue in Sta. Cruz.
- Portion of Lope de Vega Street from Oroquieta Street including Jose Fabella Memorial Hospital which is in Sta. Cruz, Manila; and
- A portion of Valeriano Fugoso Street from Rizal Avenue to Andalucia Street, including P. Guevarra, Sulu, Felix Huertas, M. Hizon, Oroquieta and M. Natividad Streets in Sta. Cruz.
From 8:30 A.M. to 8:59 A.M. and between 2:00 P.M. and 2:30 P.M. (Pasay City)
- HK Sun Plaza, Roxas Blvd.
- A portion of F.B. Harrison Street from Sta. Escolastica Street including Roberts and Williams Streets.
- Portion of Williams Streets to Roxas Blvd.
- A portion of Roberts Street including One Feed of Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA), US Veterans Administration and Maribella Hotel with Sunset View Condominiums; and
- A part of David Street from F.B. Harrison to Leveriza Street.
From 8:30 A.M. to 2:30 P.M. (Pasay City)
- A portion of Leveriza Street from Villaruel Street including Liana’s Supermarket Cartimar Carpark and Fresh Food Plaza – Cartimar Shopping Center.
- A part of F.B. Harrison from Sen. Gil Puyat Sr. Avenua in Buendia to Sta. Escolastica, San Luis, Antipolo, Villaruel, and 7th Streets | Savory Restaurant and OWWA Center Building, and Bakahan at Manukan Restaurant and Singing Cooks and Waiter Restaurant; and
- Portions of Villaruel Street from F.B. Harrison Street including Villaruel Tower and Leveriza Street.
From 10:00 A.M. and 4:00 P.M. (Napindan, Taguig City)
A part of M. Dela Paz Street near Labao Street including Burning Bush Bible Baptist Church Inc., Ibayo, Taguig City.
Are you staying in any of these streets, cities, municipalities, and barangays? If yes, then you better prepare for the possible power interruption that will take place on the dates when MERALCO officials and workers fix what they need to fix in your vicinity.
The things you have to prepare for is of course your comfort during these times. Since you won’t have electricity, you have to prepare for the following:
- Lights (if the interruption will take place at night);
- Comfort (if the interruption will happen in the morning | electric fans, air conditioning units, etc.); and
- You also have to make sure that you take care of the food in your refrigerator because the food in it might spoil when it’s not contained at a specific low temperature.